In 1969 members of the community who were interested in all forms of Art formed Garstang and District Arts Society. The Arts Centre, which is supported by the Town Trust, is open to all members of the public who wish to join any of our groups. We also hold free lunchtime concerts in the summer and regular Craft and Collectors Fairs. Our groups offer a huge variety of activities, there’s something for everyone.
To discover more about our individual Groups, follow their link from the list below. You’ll be shown the Group’s calling card which includes meeting times and who to contact for further information or joining arrangements.
- Bridge Class: informal practice, tutorials and occasional mini-tournaments.
- Camera Club: photographic talks, competitions, workshops and outings.
- Creative Card Making: learn new skills & techniques, try new products & achieve a professional finish
- Exhibitions: about our exhibitions & a contact for those wishing to exhibit at the Arts Centre
- Floral Art: all things floral: expert speakers, demonstrations and visits to local gardens
- Folk Dancers: a leisurely programme of English country dances both old and new.
- Garstang Musical Productions: two productions a year, theatre trips and social evenings.
- John Towers Big Band: playing Big Band Jazz, Swing and Dance Music.
- Painting Class: get effective results with little or no previous experience.
- Painting Group: demonstrations, workshops and summer ‘plein air’ activities.
- Patchwork and Needlework Group: practice patchwork, quilting, knitting, embroidery, cross stitch, etc.
- Poetry Appreciation: enjoy listening to and reading poetry.
- Recorded Music: explore classical music in the broadest sense, often laced with jazz, folk or brass
- Songbirds: singing for pure pleasure.
- Ukulele: playing and singing for fun
- Garstang Wine Circle: hear expert presentations, try a huge variety of wines, learn and enjoy.
View our brochure follow this link. It opens new window in your browser to show a summary of our Activity Groups. If you prefer a paper copy please call in the Arts Centre