1. The Club shall be called the Garstang Camera Club and membership shall be open to all interested in photography, regardless of gender, disability, ethnic origin or social circumstances.
2. The objectives of the Club are to encourage skills and creativity in all aspects of photography, via the use of lectures, demonstrations, workshops and visits. The Club will encourage members to enter competitions, both locally and regionally, and to exhibit their work to the local community.
3. Membership of the Club implies the undertaking to comply with and abide by these rules.
4. The Club’s financial year shall commence on April 1st. The Annual Subscription shall be fixed at the AGM and must be paid by the 30th November in that year. Any new member joining after 1st January in the following year, to pay half Club subscription only, that half subscription being valid to the end of that financial year. Where a guest has, in any Club year, paid guest fees and subsequently joins the Club in that year, he/she shall be entitled to credit for those fees paid against a subscription.
5. The Club is a constituent member of Garstang and District Arts Society. Members of the Club are required to be members of the Garstang & District Arts Society and to pay Arts Society membership subscriptions, via a constituent club.
6. The Club is affiliated to the Photographic Alliance of Great Britain through the Federation of the Lancashire and Cheshire Photographic Union and meets all the stipulations laid down by that organisation regarding insurance of the Club, its Members and visitors. Members of the Club are required to pay Lancashire & Cheshire Photographic Union membership subscriptions and insurance.
7. The Committee shall consist of Chairman, Vice-Chairman, General Secretary, Programme Secretary, Competition Secretary, Treasurer and five members to be elected at the AGM. The Committee has the right to co-opt a Press Reporter who may be ex-officio.
8. Special meetings may be convened on a requisition signed by at least seven members, stating the object and sent to the Secretary at least fourteen days before the date proposed.
9. At Committee Meetings, five members shall form a quorum and any four members of the Committee may co-opt another member to form a quorum at any Committee Meeting if required.
10. The Secretary shall keep minutes of all meetings and conduct the correspondence of the Club. The Treasurer shall collect all subscriptions and monies due after authorisation by the Committee. At the close of each year a balance sheet shall be drawn up by the Treasurer and audited by one ordinary member appointed for this purpose at the AGM.
11. A member may be expelled or asked to resign from the Club at the decision of the Committee, but he has the right to appeal.
12. Should a member of the Committee resign, the Committee shall have the power to co-opt a member in his/her place for the remainder of the year.
13. The name of any member whose subscription is any more than three months in arrears may be removed from the list by order of the Committee.
14. If the Club ceases to exist, all assets of the Club will pass to Garstang and District Arts Society.
15. No alteration of, or addition to, these rules shall be made except at the AGM, or a special meeting called in accordance with rule 8, except that the Committee may alter or amend any rule which they consider necessary after first giving notice at a general meeting of their intention to do so. A member may ask for a majority vote of those present to decide the issue. Any member wishing to propose any topic for discussion at the AGM must submit the proposal, in writing, to the Chairman not less than 14 days prior to the date of the AGM.
16. The last meeting of the Winter Programme will be the AGM.
Please click the following link for a pdf copy of the camera club rules